• A
  • A
  • A
3 children die after boiling water falls on them

Beed (Maharashtra): Three young girls died after boiling water fell on them while they were asleep on Friday night. The girls were rushed to a local hospital where they succumbed to injuries during the treatment. The police have registered a case of sudden death in the incident.

Pic Courtesy: EenaduIndia/Marathi

Names of the deceased girls are Durga Ghugey(10), Dhanashree Kedar(8) and Aditi Bhataney(4). The three girls had come to their uncle's place in Ambajogai tehsil, Bhatwadi village during their summer break.


Due to the recent thunderstorms in the area, there was a major power cut for two days over there. On Friday night, when the girls and their aunt were sleeping, the power restored and turned the heater on as it was left connected by mistake. The water in it started boiling soon and the heater toppled over them as they were sleeping nearby.

Also Read : 40 feet long whale washes ashore near Mumbai

The family members immediately rushed them to a local hospital where Aditi died on the next day. The remaining three were then shifted to a hospital in Latur where Durga and Dhanshree expired on Tuesday and Wednesday respectively. Their aunt is still undergoing treatment and is said to be stable now.

The police visited the incident spot and after detailed enquiry registered a case of sudden death in the matter.


CLOSE COMMENT

ADD COMMENT

To read stories offline: Download Eenaduindia app.

SECTIONS:

  HOME

  STATES

  NATIONAL

  INTERNATIONAL

  BUSINESS

  CRIME

  SPORTS

  ENTERTAINMENT

  RAINBOW

  EVEZONELY

  GALLERY

  TRAVEL TIME

  ASSEMBLY ELECTIONS 2018

  MAJOR CITIES